Saturday, August 19, 2006

Saturday noon Lunchathon

You know wat?.. Burrrrp!! ... oooops!.. wait that was the result out of the frustration of not getting a parking slot for my little bike in and around Jayanagar 4th Block...Confused eh?.. yea.. It's a saturday .. like any other..
It was 12:00 noon today and my stomach had given me enough calls for lunch time.Off I go on my 'fresh out of service' bike, to fill in. I roam around the whole of 4th block, from Adigas to cool joint, the cross roads and one ways, and I come back to where I started; NO SIR.. it's easy to find a house in Bangalore but You will be really very lucky if you get a parking slot for ur bike during peak shopping hours. But today it was terrible, adding to my frustration, arising out of my incessently running nose. It's still running like Jog falls!!- both nostrils.. :P..Thus my lunchathon halted at my room. Frustration sometimes helps you in many ways. I decided that today was the day.. I have to have lunch at MTR, and why not?, I have a strong reason..no parking in Jngr. I called up Prasanna as there was one near his house(duplicate but still). He was busy! Hmm.. I am going to the real genuine MTR on 'helmet road':D. I really don't know the name of the road.. but ever since I have come to Bangalore, I have found this road to be very special, as it has all helmet and auto accessories shop. You will not probably not find any other shop, but line of shops with colorful helmets. That's helmet road for me!. BMP should actually come up with this name,like there is a 'Gali paranthewali' in Delhi.
MTR though famous , still stands shyly on helmet road.The building bears an old look . You will hardly notice her though. Interiors are no different,except a computer at the billing counter. There were a few people booking their lunch.
Yes! I bought a 80Rs. coupon for lunch and went upstairs for the waiting room. There are infact two waiting rooms. Please note TWO WAITING ROOMS. That means you spend more time waiting than having lunch. Yet both halls were full, people waiting for darshan... Oops! I mean the darshan of the thali. I waited for nearly half an hour. I was the only guy who had come without a company. That is why I stress that I should have a girlfriend.. but!.. . Anyways, it was easy for me to get a seat. They call people in batches depending on their roll no. .First come the plates, then a strange kind of juice in a silver lota(was it?!!). Someone there said it was an appetizer. No need as I was hungry already. It was tasty though. Next come the carrot salad, and achar, and kheer and curry. And the pooris . Wow they are so soft and melted in my mouth. And then there came a yellowish thick paste kind of thing. It was a sweet. All I did was take a small sample on my finger and taste it. GOSH!! It was like some drug. Instant high! I have rarely tasted a sweet so good. It was a badam halwa it seems .Next two minutes I was meditating as the sweet spread itself through my brain. I wanted to ask for more, but I am shy you know :$.Then as I was slowly recovering from the sweet surprise, things came and went, the bisibele bath and raitha, rise sambar and rasam, curd rice and..huh!.. Huh!!Burrrrppp!! Ice cream,MTR one. No guesses! that was great too. By this time water resources in my nose had grown in excess and they started flowing. I was just blowing my nose by the time rasam rice came. It was embarassing for me and for the people around,though everyone was enjoying their nice, sumptuous meal with their head held low. And a perfect finish for a perfect lunch, packed in nicely and rolled in tight comes a fresh, green pan. WOW! I couldn't have asked for more!. Great!! I thought my jeans are going to tear off! God save my belly!. I somehow with great difficulty reached my room. What?!! I cant lie down. Something gushes up my throat if I try to. Probably I had overloaded a bit too much.After a few rolls and small walk in the room, I could go to sleep. Wanna MTR ?..not until you don't find a parking space in Jayanagar .. hehe :D

No comments: